New to SEO? Need to polish up your SEO knowledge? The Beginner’s Guide to SEO has provides comprehensive information you need to get on the road to professional quality Search Engine Optimization, or SEO.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
Why can’t the search engines figure out my site without SEO?
Search engines are smart, but they still need help. The major engines are always working to improve their technology to crawl the web more deeply and return better results to users. However, there is a limit to how search engines can operate. Whereas the right SEO can net you thousands of visitors and increased attention, the wrong moves can hide or bury your site deep in the search results where visibility is minimal.
In addition to making content available to search engines, SEO also helps boost rankings so that content will be placed where searchers will more readily find it. The Internet is becoming increasingly competitive, and those companies who perform SEO will have a decided advantage in visitors and customers.
Can I do SEO for myself?
The world of SEO is complex, but most people can easily understand the basics. Even a small amount of knowledge can make a big difference. Free SEO education is widely available on the web, including in guides like this. Combine this with a little practice and you are well on your way to becoming a guru.
Depending on your time commitment, your willingness to learn, and the complexity of your website(s), you may decide you need an expert to handle things for you. Firms that practice SEO can vary; some have a highly specialized focus, while others take a broader and more general approach.
SEO isn’t just about building search engine-friendly websites. It’s about making your site better for people too. In the “Everything You Need to Know About SEO” infographic below, we will be discussing the many different ways to use SEO to rank higher in the search results.
Everything You Need to Know About SEO Infographic Summary
SEO doesn’t have the be brain surgery. In the infographic above, you can learn everything you need to know about SEO in the most basic forms possible. We’ve also broken down each of these methods below as well.
- The quality and quantity of your site content is critical. The more detailed your content, the better chances you are to gain incoming links and ranking higher in the search results.
- The relevance of your content is also a huge factor in where your site ranks. Gain incoming links from relevant sites within your industry and your site will rank much higher and at a faster pace.
- The organization of content on your site should also be a priority, as you will want people to be able to navigate through your site while finding exactly what they want. A great looking site that loads fast can also improve not only your search rankings, but also how others get a first impression of your site as well.
- The fastest loading sites on the internet will always outrank slower sites, as the main goal of Google is to provide the best experience for the end user.
- Natural incoming links to your site are best. These are usually received through word of mouth marketing, or even infographics that other sites and your audience can share.
Follow these quick tips and SEO guidelines and you will see improved rankings for your site across the board.
Infographic source: iCandy-Graphics.com